Healthcommunities.com

Home Health Topics Health Reports Learning Centers Find a Dermatologist Medical Website Design

|
|

scalp melanoma

Post a new topicby nursedeeb on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:05 am

On March 23rd, I had a punch biopsy on my scalp, and it was found to be nodular melanoma, Breslow .33mm and Clark Level II. On April 13th, a wide excison was done and it was found that no residual invasive melanoma was left, only melanoma in situ. The margins were clear and the closest approach was 0.6 cm. I had a chest x ray, MRI of brain and LDH, all of which were negative. Would any further testing or a lymph node biopsy be advised? I am still having pain on my head and I am assuming that this is the feeling coming back, as it has been numb all the way to the back of my scalp. Also, I have a lump which has been there even before I discovered the melanoma, under the skin on the same side as the melanoma, all who have examined it says it is a cyst and do not worry.
    nursedeeb

Re: scalp melanoma

Post a new topicby nursedeeb on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:40 am

WOW, all these views and not even one post? Any others out there with melanoma who would like to share? I could use some support here, how about you?

Debbie
    nursedeeb

Specialties

Allergy

Alternative Medicine

Animal Health

Avian Flu

BPH

Cardiology

Diabetes

Dermatology

Flu

GI

General Health

HIV

LGBT Health

Male Health

Mental Health

Nephrology

Neurology

Oncology

Pain

Pediatric Health

Podiatry

Pulmonology

Radiology

Rheumatology

Senior Health

Sexual Health

Sleep Disorder

Surgery

Urology

Vision

Women's Health

This page last modified: Last Modified:

Remedy Health Media logo
    Healthcommunities.com® | Intelecare® | RemedyLife™ | JohnsHopkinsHealthAlerts.com | BerkeleyWellnessAlerts.com | WellnessLetter.com
    Diabetes Focus® | Remedy's Healthy Living™ | Remedy® | RemedyKids™ | RemedyMD™
    © 2011 Remedy Health Media, LLC. All rights reserved.